Thursday, January 24, 2008

Geico vs. State Farm.....

Our oldest daughter Brittany had a bit of a fender/bender 2 weeks ago. Discussing the details at the dinner table one night last week...I told Grant that State Farm had called in regards to the accident to ask some questions etc. We were chatting about the cost involved and whether her insurance would go up. Grant said, "Well, unfortunately if the insurance does go up...Brittany will just have to pay it."....all was quiet for just a moment and Brianna, our 5 year old let out a sigh and said, "Hmmm...she'll just have to get Geico" Believe me there was much laughter around our table! The funny thing is we didn't even know she had ever heard of Geico...let alone to say it all in the right context...kids are sooo funny!!

12 comments:

Leah said...

That is too cute!! Glad you have made the move! I know you are busy so I will just enjoy "catching up " when ever you update!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

I love it. She doesn't seem to be at a loss for words. Maybe you could dress her up as a lizard and do some advertising for Geico on the side.

Mary Ellen said...

Ha ha, I liked Sherilyn's comment, funny!

That was a great story - glad to see you've got your page up and running - go girl!

jenny said...

That's too funny! What is it about little girls? Maddie tried shaving her legs this week (after my shaver fell from what I thought had been a high secure spot) and fortunately didn't hurt herself. After being mortified...Tom and I just cracked up. To my knowledge she's never even seen me doing that.

Thanks so much for your comments and so sorry for the delay in responding.

Tom really enjoyed being back at the Hobe and especially enjoyed seeing people he knows. You were always so good to the two of us (for that matter, the entire student body).

Have you put out a cookbook yet? I want the first copy!! Seriously.

tim said...

:)

Allana Martian said...

What a funny gal!

NomadatHeart said...

Hey! Nice to find you here!! Hope you find some time to do more bloggin! :o)

carla said...

Love your family picture.

Kim M. said...

how funny!

The Arender's said...

Oh Lenita! How funny!! Your kids are all getting sooo big. Love you blog!
Adrian

The Arender's said...

Lenita,
I miss you! Saw Brittany at IHC... wish you could have been there too. I do so wish I could share another cup of the good stuff with you my dear friend. You were such an encouragement to me during my time in FL. I will always consider you a sister in my heart. Love,
Adrian

Eileen said...

Lenita I am not able to get on the blogging thing much. For our computer isn't up yet. So I use our daughters laptop when I can. I most of the time am replying to my emails and that is about all I get done when I am on it.
I run across this as I was able to check out some of the blogs I like to check out. The Geico thing is great. I really like that "Lizard", Thanks for sharing.