Monday, June 2, 2008

TIME.....


I can hardly believe we are just 4 days away from the end of yet another school year.
I used to laugh at people who said....."just you wait the older you get the faster time will fly"....I am NOT laughing now!! TIME is flying faster and faster. It seems like just yesterday that we welcomed our precious "surprise" (but very wanted) bundle of joy named Brianna Lenae into our world. She is so full of life...has more energy than our whole family put together....and brings more laughter into our home than ever before.
It seems like yesterday her daddy and I walked her to her first day of school....she has loved school, her teachers, friends and of course PE!! :) Just yesterday she told us she tho't that they should just have 1 day of school and learn everything that 1 day....cause it takes sooo long to get home in the afternoon. :) This coming Friday she will take a walk down the aisle and officially graduate from Kindergarten. I don't know about you other mom's....but did any of you ever wish you could just stop time and keep them right there? I know it sounds like I'm a wimp....but LIFE just seems to be so much easier in kindergarten. On Memorial Day Grant turned on a video of when Brittany (who is now 20) graduated from kindergarten. I said to Grant, "oh honey I wish we could have just stopped time right there"....I guess I REALLY don't wish that deep down...cause I know the stage of life with our 3 older ones are for the most part wonderful. Challenging?? for sure and I find myself Mentally down on my knees most of the day...asking God over and over for wisdom. And as we watch our baby take those steps to receive her Kindergarten diploma I know that our Heavenly Father knows the plans he has for her.....it's just this mommy is struggling once again with how fast TIME seems to be going. I want to capture every moment...hold onto the memories and love our little bundle of joy thru all the next stages of life. We love you Brianna and are so proud of you!!!

6 comments:

Misty said...

I commented to Wesley Sunday morning that Brittany and Travis shouldn't be that grown up! Brianna is adorable and it seems hard to believe that she is graduating kindergarten already (or that my Kaylee will be starting K-yikes!)

Have a great summer!

Leah said...

Lenita - I couldn't agree with you more! I wish sometimes that time would just STOP but no such luck! It seems like yesterday that David went to kindergarten and now I am just 10 weeks away from his wedding! How's that for scary? Just know that you definitely aren't alone in this thought!!

Unknown said...

O Lenita how precious she is. Congratulations Brianna! And it is so hard for me to believe that your Brittany has already turned into a beautiful wonderful young lady. Where does the time go?

Valerie said...

So well said! Congratulations to your little one and here is to many more wonderful memories to come!! Much Love, Valerie

My Life in Pictures said...

Awwww...she is so adorable.

Jamie said...

I feel the same way about my boys. I love being a mommy!